ALL ARE WELCOME
Who we are?
At Collierville Christian Church all are welcome. We think of CCC as a community of faith, family, and friends who meet in a place of warmth and comfort, striving to make a difference in our little corner of God’s world. We recognize that we all come from different backgrounds and are at different points along our faith journey, and we respect and embrace that fact. As a faith community and church we value the leadership of men and women both in the pulpit and as lay leaders. We strive to lift each other up as we grow together in our walk with God and do our best to reflect God’s love outward to our community and beyond. Our faith centers on the Communion Table where we celebrate Communion weekly at all services and all are invited to join us in this most special of sacraments.
When you visit with us, we hope you’ll feel welcome to come as you are and participate at your own comfort level. When you are here just know that you are always invited but never required, always encouraged but never evaluated, and your faith will always be between you and God.
Our people are people just like you, people on a journey who don’t want to go it alone. Our faith community gathers to support one another in that lifelong journey. We look different, we come from different places, and we experience the world in our unique ways. So, you’ll find that our beliefs are naturally and wonderfully diverse. We would love to meet you and welcome you to our little corner of God’s world.
What to expect?
You can expect a friendly, welcoming environment. We’re not a really big church, nor are we a really small church. We’re big enough for you to not feel that every eye is looking at you when you attend a worship service, but small enough that within a short time you’ll be developing relationships with others quickly learning most everyone’s names.
What to wear?
Regardless of which service you attend you’ll find all styles of dress, from shorts and flip flops to coat and tie. The right thing to wear to church is whatever is comfortable for you.
Location and Worship Services:
Collierville Christian Church is located at 707 New Byhalia Rd. in Collierville, TN.
Our contemporary service gathers on Sunday mornings at 9:00am in the “Gymbernackle” (aka. the Fellowship Hall) and lasts about one hour. This service has all of the same components of the traditional service (scripture, sermon and communion) in a very relaxed atmosphere. Music is led by a worship leader and band who play a blend of contemporary Christian music and traditional hymns with a modern twist.
Our Sunday school for children, youth and adults takes place during the time between our contemporary and traditional services, from 10:10-11:00am.
Our traditional service begins at 11:00am in the Sanctuary. This service is filled with traditional hymns sung by the congregation, special music by the choir (most Sunday’s), scripture, a relevant sermon and communion.
Children are welcome to worship with their parents in either worship service or to participate in a separate children's Worship and Wonder, geared especially with them in mind.
Nursery childcare is provided during all worship and Sunday school times.
Mission, Values and Beliefs:
Our mission and values are very simple. Our mission is simply that: “They shall know us by our love.” John 13:35
The three C’s (our values) are very important to us:
- Communion – We have a commitment to a deeper relationship with God. We commune with God through-an active prayer life, Bible study, and worship services where we share together in the Lords Supper.
- Community – We commit ourselves to a deeper relationship with each other by building authentic community through worship services, Sunday school classes and Small groups where we can share our faith, and share your life by encouragement and accountability.
- Compassion - We commit ourselves to a deeper relationship with those in need. Compassion is acting on our love and concern for others. We commit to do this with those in our church, in our community and globally.
Collierville Christian Church is a part of the Disciples of Christ denomination.
Like most Christians, Disciples believe that:
- Jesus Christ is the son of the Living God and offers saving grace to all.
- All people are God’s children.
As Disciples of Christ we believe in:
- Open Communion - The Lord’s Supper, or Communion, is celebrated in weekly worship. It is open to all who believe in Jesus Christ.
- Freedom of belief - Disciples are called together around belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Persons are free to follow their consciences guided by the Bible, the Holy Spirit, study and prayer, and are expected to extend that freedom to others. We hold the centrality of scripture, recognizing that each person has the freedom - and the responsibility - to study God's Word within the community of the church.
- Baptism by immersion - In baptism the old self-centered life is set aside, and a new life of trust in God begins. Although Disciples practice baptism by immersion, other baptism traditions are honored.
- Belief in the oneness of the church – All Christians are called to be one in Christ and to find ways to work together in showing God’s love through witness and service. We hear a special calling to make visible the unity of all Christians. In our diversity we belong to one another because we commonly belong to Christ.
- The ministry of all believers - Both ministers and lay persons lead in worship, service and spiritual growth. We affirm the priesthood of all believers, rejoicing in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, which include the gift of leadership that God has given for the common good.
If you still have questions that we have not answered, please reach out to us via our contact page or give us a call at the church office at 901-853-4176 and we’ll be glad to provide more information.